Random Things About PS
1. I am a procrastinator. Start strong, sometimes struggle to finish.
2. I have two grown sons. I am a proud Mama!
3. I love this song!
4. I think/ponder a lot. Maybe that contributes to my procrastination.
5. I have an affinity for turtles. I collect turtles — not live ones! They are like me, or am I like them? Slow to move, but they/I eventually stick their/my neck out and move!
6. I have taught English and Spanish. I speak English okay. Spanish–not so well.
7. I enjoy reading. I am a slow reader.
8. I seek to follow the teachings of Jesus.
9, I enjoy nature and being outside.
10. I have served as a school counselor — 700+ lovely 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders on one campus. I knew all their names. I worked at it!
11. I am a survivor and I like this song
12. Did I say I have a strange sense of humor. Hey, at least I have one!
13. I have been divorced for 25 years.
14. I respect all faith traditions.
15. I love to dance and I love this song.
16. Favorite quote:
Dance as though no one is watching you,
Love as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Live as though heaven is on earth. —Souza
17. I want to know and be known.
18. I am in a long term, committed relationship with a woman.
19. I enjoy the serenity of flat water kayaking. Younger days is was white water.
20. I’d rather take a hike than watch a movie.
21. I am more an introvert than extrovert, and I do love a good party.
22. Twenty years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD). Now the psychiatric community call it DID — Dissociative Identity Disorder. Yea, I would not believe it either had I not experienced it.
23. I like to eat! Hard to have a favorite.
24. I have served as a volunteer chaplain.
25. I struggle with old habits sometimes — people pleasing.
26. Did I say I like turtles? Again, maybe like me — sometimes seen as hard on the outside, but soft on the inside.
27. I love the ocean and mountains. I am humbled by their vastness and majesty.
28. I’m an adult. I like being a kid at times.
29. I can play the piano with lots of practice, but still not well.
30. I am in awe of the mystery of life and the universe.
31. I believe names are important. That’s why I worked at learning 700+ school children’s names.
32. My real name is Brenda. You can call me Brenda or PS.